Now that the manifesto's been released, it's time for the return of Project Postcard, and it's time to put a new design together! In order to make things easier, we're going to keep the same general design for the back (with all the text), and simply change the words. But we need a new design for the front! Ideas?
The current reverse side text is:
THE WORLD IS CHANGING
Pirate Party UK understands that the law needs to change to match the realities of life in the 21st century.
What are our policies?
Reform copyright and patent law. We want to legalise non-commercial file sharing and reduce the excessive length of copyright protection, while ensuring that when creative works are sold, it's the artists who benefit, not monopoly rights holders. We want a patent system that doesn't stifle innovation or make life saving drugs so expensive that patients die.
End the excessive surveillance, profiling, tracking and monitoring of innocent people by Government and big businesses.
Ensure real freedom of speech and real freedom to enjoy and participate in our shared culture, by reforming libel law; as well as stopping companies from hiding their questionable activities.
Did You Know...
- The Government wants to punish accused copyright infringers without trial.
- Pharmaceutical patents restrict access to life-saving drugs, causing unnecessary deaths from treatable illness.
- Despite the ever-increasing number of CCTV cameras in Britain, they only impact 3% of all crime.
- It is illegal for you to put songs from a purchased CD onto your mp3 player.
- Libel law has been used to cover up the dumping of toxic waste.
- Despite claims that piracy is killing the industry, 2009 saw record high sales of music singles, and artists have received more revenue for their work.
To sum up, what we need is:
- An inspiring new design for the front.
- Some new/revised text for the reverse, which better reflects our manifesto.