NEC/Minutes/11th October 2009
From Pirate Party UK Wiki
NEC meeting minutes 2009-10-11 5:40pm
Andy, Eric, Miah, Philip
Queens speech, no further developments as far as Andrew knows.
Constituency organisations, Andrew plans to post on his blog later today about these.
Ratification of new positions, still waiting on voting changes to website. Action: Miah will contact TomL to follow this up.
Featured Artists Coalition: some initial contact has been made; Andrew is waiting for them to get back to him.
Copyright status, no progress, hopefully some progress when Andrew meets Rick on the 20th October. Apparently, the PPI are also looking into the legal issues over the logo.
Unconference. Korvalis has volunteered to look into this, probably to take place in Sheffield.
A decision has been made to go with the Swedes for merchandise. They have been asked them to write up a draft contract.
Suggestion that Diarmuid Clarke may be able to assist with the merchandise side of things.
Friendly lawyer has drawn up a template for transferring the copyright for various artwork etc to the party.
A proposal for a more federated approach to web site features was made, for example Eric could set up podcasts on his own hosting setup and these could then be linked from the main site.
It was mentioned that Will Tovey is now the CAO for the PPI. Action: Andrew will contact him.
Dan Bull has joined the forums. Action: Philip to contact Dan regarding collaboration etc.
It was noted that at the moment, the blog doesn't allow you to embed youtube videos, it would be nice if it did. Action: Miah will pass this on to the web team for comment.
Edwin Collins, would someone like to get in touch and find out what his position is with respect to the party? Potentially hooking him up with Dan Bull. Action: Philip will contact Edwin and Dan.
A while back, a photographer wrote about giving up some of his content to the public domain. Andrew is doing an article for Observer Music Monthly; perhaps the photographer could be hired by the Observer to do some photos of Andrew and donate them to the public domain.
Andrew has been speaking to Tom Watson, Labour MP. Going to set up a meeting when time suits. Positive initial conversations so far.
Google digitisation of books. Suggestion for Andrew to talk to them about copyright length.