NEC/Minutes/22nd March 2010
From Pirate Party UK Wiki
NEC meeting minutes 22nd March 2010
Andrew Robinson, John Barron, Peter Brett, Philip Hunt, Peter Liddell, Miah Gregory
Start of NEC meeting
Minutes of previous meeting will be approved via the mailing list due to them being sent out late.
Election date. Likely to have an announcement on that in early April.
Manifesto press release for the press release blog is being sent as we speak.
Merchandising - T-Shirts probably not ready by Wednesday due to delays at the printers.
Postage looking prohibitively expensive for the Swedish option.
Andy posted the banner to Peter Brett today, should arrive tomorrow.
When and how are we going to release funds to candidates.
We need some guidelines for this, and guidelines for how candidates should account for this.
Action: Philip will put together a campaign spending form for all candidates to use.
Need to submit accounts for period ending 31st December 2009.
Current reporting period ends 30th April 2010. We need to submit this on time.
John is organising the electoral commission signatories, and will be seeing John McKeown in the next few days.
We haven't put out the press releases for Andy and Graham yet, and we were a week late on putting out the press release on the manifesto.
Another issue today; someone put out an unpolished press release in lieu of other releases being delayed. We need someone in charge of press releases. Peter Brett nominated to be in charge of this process. Peter will investigate the idea of using moderation of the press mailing list as a technical mechanism to control this.
New ratification vote is now up and running. An email out to members is required about this, the two previous ratifications and the Data Controller election result. A comment should also be added noting that we can't afford to fund all of the candidates, and asking for donations.
Action: John will send this later this evening.
Manifesto went out around lunch time today as an embargoed press release today. Andy has fielded a few press calls today. It will be released to the members at 9pm tonight. A blog/press release will be sent tonight.
Receiving strong support for fielding a candidate in Surrey.
Action: John and Peter Brett will contact a possible candidate on this front.
Large posters, A2/A3 size.
Project postcard was a big success. Peter Brett is going to be asking people to rewrite the postcards text to match the manifesto, before putting a new order in for postcards.
Action: Andy and Peter will liaise off the call about some customisation possibilities.
Awaiting response with respect to deputy treasurer.
Status of/control of the bank account. Need to get control of the bank account switched over in some way or another as soon as possible.
Do we need an imprint on the manifesto? We'll put it on to be sure.
Blogging from event in Manchester. Andy will try and get some emails fired off to the press list as the event takes place. The final panel hasn't been announced yet, but Andy is led to believe that it will be Richard Mollet (BPI and Labour candidate), Amelia from the Pirate Party, Andy and a representative from the film industry.