From Pirate Party UK Wiki
Treasurer Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining Party assets and finances (accounts and statements and releasing funds to other areas of the Party)
- Vetting new memberships & ensuring applications are compliant with membership rules
- Managing memberships and dealing with membership queries
- Periodically reviewing the membership rules and advising on amendments if suitable
- Maintaining and updating correct Party records with the electoral commission(Solely or with other officers)
- Filing the necessary statements such as end of year accounts, quarterly donations and quarterly transactions
- See Electoral Commission Guidelines for more detailed information
- As a registered party treasurer, the treasurer is responsible for the party’s compliance with the financial controls under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA).
- The Party treasurer must ensure that the party complies with all necessary Tax laws. As a political party, the party must file corporation tax returns as required.
- Other such tasks that may be required as a sitting officer on the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Party