Board Minutes for 29th October 2013

Tuesday, 29 October, 2013 - 20:00
Attending: 
Peter Brett (PB)
Sam Clark (SC)
Andrew Norton (AN)
Jack Allnutt (JA)
Liam Dolman (LD)
Will Tovey (WT)
Harley Faggetter (HF)
Phil Hunt (PH)
Apologies: 
Andrew Robinson (AR)
Stephen Ogden (SO)

Status of quorum

Quorate

Decisions taken since last meeting

Election monitors for upcoming elections: Daniel Hertz, Andrew Norton, Peter Brett (see (4))

Actions from the last meeting

  • AP HF will try to chivvy Constitutional Amendment processes onwards DONE
  • AP SO: raise oversight committees with NEC to get broad agreement between NEC and Board on announcing this at conference. DONE
    • no agreement so not announced at conference.
    • PC suggested he wasn't comfortable with the Board handing-off its oversight responsibilities and remaining at the current size.
    • SO's opinion is that oversight committees are not formally in the Board's remit so this isn't a reduction in workload.
    • If oversight committees are in the Board's remit then surely it is free to organise them however it wishes?
    • PC's response does however re-raise the discomfort there is from outside with the Board being at the size it currently is with the minimal work-load it is perceived to handle.
  • AP: SC - Publish BPI Report NOT DONE
  • AP: If opening of nominations have not started by date of next board meeting (October 29th) then raise it as issue. N/A

Constitutional Amendment Suggestions from NEC (HF ??)

see http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/wiki/Board_of_Governors/Constitutional_amendments/BatchFour

  • AP: JA to put new amendments from NEC onto forums after approval
  • AP: PB to schedule e-mail to board for extra meeting next week
  • AP: All to read over amendments and e-mail thoughts to board list

Corporate identity for the Party (SC)

SC to report on work to register a corporate identity for PPUK

Discussion of preferred format for the corporate board of directors (scope to add to Board remit to re-legitimise the current size?)

  • AP: SC - Send position paper to Board and NEC (in the next 2 weeks) to continue discussions on incorporation

Reports from conference (any/all)

Any reports from conference which may have bearing on Board's work?

  • PB, HF, JA, SC, SO attended
  • HF was tweeting a lot
  • Branches up north are going well, but need more down south

Upcoming Party elections (SO)

3 election monitors found. 1 more than normal as Phil wanted more oversight this time around as it is a full election.

Monitors: DH, AN, PB

SO not doing election monitoring - Phil has asked SO to handle the election process for any position where PC could be regarded as having a conflict of interest (this would currently be for the Secretary position that Leanne is nominated/seconded for ( https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8217#p38499 )

SO has offered some mumble-based training for AN and PB should they need it to get them comfortable with what's required for election monitoring.

Timeline

  • Nominations Open: 18th October (upon posting)
  • Nominations Close: 8th November (23:59)
  • Campaigning Opens: at close of Nominations
  • Campaigning Closes: 22nd November 23:59
  • Voting Opens: 23rd November (00:00)
  • Voting Closes: 14th December (23:59)

Oversight committees

Postpone to next week's meeting

AOB

  • WT: No
  • SC: No
  • JA: New election 5 December in manchester
  • LD: No
  • PH: No
  • AN: Working on a press release
  • PB: No
  • HF: London meeting on the 30th and a Conference on the 31st
Organisation : 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Upcoming Dates

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

Board of Governors Election - June 2017 - View
Nominations opened: 15 June, 2017 - 19:30
Nominations close: Thursday, 29 June, 2017 - 19:30