NEC minutes for 12th June 2014

Thursday, 12 June, 2014 - 20:30
Attending: 
Loz Kaye (LK) - Leader
Andy Halsall (AH) - Campaigns
Ed Geraghty (EG) - Secretary
Not Present: 
Sam Clark (SK) - Treasurer

Matters Arising

  • LK to send a copy of the roll to Nominations - Held
  • Nominations to contact MCTR ESU about data formats for ER
    • LK to direct JA to:
      • Speak to Mctr ESU
      • Pass roll to AH (2 Weeks)
  • LK to liase with JA about ESU and MCTR Roll updates. (see above)
  • SC to send AH current liquid cash/cash flow from memberships - Not done.
  • AH to update NEC on phone/SIP bridge by next meeting - Done - Major changes would need to be made to our infrastructure
  • SC to implement Mumble to SIP bridge  (Can't be done)
  • SC to initiate EC paperwork - To be finished tonight.
  • LK/EG to sort out EC paperwork and return within 7 days- To be finished tonight.
  • SC - Find paid devs for Policy Beta  - Deferred until after Policy Beta meet
  • AH, SC, EG Meeting Policy Beta Wednesday 11th June 2030 - Missed due to external constraints - will report back after that meeting (Dependent on SC's availability)
  • SC/EG to contact Project Incubator checker - Done
  • ASAP EG to put together the script (working with the current migration script?)
    • AH to look at Migration script and talk to SW

 

Previous Minutes

AH & EG Approved

LK Will confirm by email

 

Leader's Office

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Been dealing with incoming, but not available until next Thursday for various reasons

We need to make sure we don't lose momentum, but I can't help until the week after next, when we re-kick off with the next physical NEC.  This is probably an OK moment to say we need to take a bit of a step back and regroup.

 

Finance

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Next week

 

Campaigns

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Relatively quiet; spoken to one chap who wants to get involved in national poster promotion - sent him off on a 2 week project to look over our existing output and EU posters and come back in with ideas.  Also pointed him at the new store, he has dropped in a new email with fantastic things (including towels) - he's more a conceptual art designer.  He's based in Birmingham so no local branch.

Still not had anyone write for us at all recently, need to prod the board and put together a volunteer email with EG.

Couple of policy queries, dealt with as they came in.

Mark Chapman (London Candidate) will be on a panel at the Indie Tech - talking about policy in the context of surveillance.

International

Pinged out an internal mail about who wants to be on the PPI mailing lists, results of which have been sent to Thomas Gaul so hopefully people should stop getting multiple copies of emails.

Lots of discussion on the PPI mailing lists about social media strategy; as a result I now have a list of English-language people, they've been bringing up similar concerns to our own, want to sit down with them for a bit and talk about Anglosphere cooperation.

LK asks about imagery for specific things, e.g. water cannons in London.  AH says no - limited amount of photography, but hopefully with the volunteer we can get something, though even with the volunteer everything has a week's lead time ATM.

 

Secretariat

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Volunteer incoming has tailed off, but still keeping on top of it.  It is noticeable when we stop pushing for volunteers on social media as incoming drops to daily rather than almost constant.

Had a good response to the last volunteer email, as AH said we need to draft another.

Dealing with spam on the site too.

AH: should try and get weekly emails with discrete tasks which can be picked up

 

Nominations Paperwork

Loz will sign the part completed RP-4 today and pass it to EG, who will complete and email the paperwork to SC who will, in turn, mail & email it to the EC tomorrow.

//ACTION LK to mail RP4 to EG

//ACTION EG to mail completed (bar Treasurer) RP-4 to SC

//ACTION SC to mail completed RP-4 to EC.

 

Actions

  • LK to send a copy of the roll to Nominations.

  • Nominations to contact MCTR ESU about data formats for ER

    • LK to direct JA to:

      • Speak to Mctr ESU

      • Pass roll to AH (2 Weeks)

  • LK to liase with JA about ESU and MCTR Roll updates. (see above)

  • SC to initiate EC paperwork - To be finished tonight.

  • LK/EG to sort out EC paperwork and return within 7 days - To be finished tonight.

  •  AH to look at Migration script and talk to SW

  • LK to mail RP4 to EG, EG to mail completed (bar Treasurer) RP-4 to SC

  • SC to mail completed RP-4 to EC.

  • LK to contact Sam about candidacy and pass on to AH

 

Date of Next Meeting

19th June 2014

 

Any Other Urgent Business