NEC minutes for 16th July 2015

Thursday, 16 July, 2015 - 20:30
Attending: 
Cris Chesha (CC) - Party Leader
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
George Walkden (GW) - Nominations
Not Present: 
Rebecca Rae
David Elston

NEC Meeting Format

Make meetings more action-oriented and focused on individual officer reports. Change Code of Practice to reflect this. CC, SC and GW voted aye. CC to update NEC Code of Practice.

Area Updates

Leader's Office

Last week

  • //ACTION: CC to get Archibald Sr's printer sent to Loz - no response yet
  • //ACTION: DE to speak to board and ask them to open a pad so we can record board decisions in it (temp) until we have a wiki to do it. - carried over 
  • //ACTION: DE to attend next Board meeting to fish for volunteers - carried over 
  • //ACTION: NEC "contract" - perhaps to include clause about "all ur emailz are belong to us" - All have made a start on getting the job descriptions together and the roles that people have. Next step is to contact everyone and get them to pick out tasks they can do/want to do.  After this, we need to see what's left and divvy out as appropriate.

Last Sat, CC went to Levenshulme Village Green and did a reading from Kapital (Marx) as part of community arts project.

CC got a couple of press hits:

CC did an Interview with IDG Connect; it has sprawled to 2k words, needs editing down before submission. 

Week ahead

Interview on Manc TV channel Monday 20th  - Late Night Live - also goes onto Youtube

Interview with Factor magazine - Saturday

Manchester meetup - moved to Tues night - pint in pub. Venue: Bull's Head.

CC wants to set up a wiki. He has root access to machines, so intends to spend this week getting up to speed with the setup and working on setting up a small new machine.

  • //ACTION: CC - Carry on with JDs and separate those out
  • //ACTION: CC to email everyone to start process of picking roles that you can do / want to do & then we see what's left. 
  • //ACTION: CC - Attempt to egt up to speed with IT stuff with a view to setting up a wiki -  
  • //ACTION: CC to update code of practice regarding meeting format 
  • //ACTION: DE to speak to board and ask them to open a pad so we can record board decisions in it (temp) until we have a wiki to do it. - (carried over)
  • //ACTION: DE to attend next Board meeting to fish for volunteers (carried over)
  • //ACTION: CC to call PEF and sort out access. 

Treasury

Last week

  • //ACTION: RR and SC to get together to talk about apprenticeship roles. - ONGOING
  • //ACTION: SC to follow up with Reclaim - AWAITING RESPONSE/WILL TRY AGAIN
  • //ACTION: SC to get PO Box for party  - DONE - set up and details circulated.
  • //ACTION: SC to chase Bilal. Carried over
  • //ACTION: EVERYONE - Look to push the fundraiser when it comes out (SC will let all know) - SC to send links to CC and RR. - WITH RR. RR has given feedback on changes. SC is not sure who the changes are in hand with. He will email RR (action added)

- Accounts / BAU ongoing 
- PEF details were set up but left somewhat incomplete. People need to go online to sort out. - (Action added to CC) 

Week ahead

- Keep an eye on crowdfunder - ONGOING 

  • //ACTION: SC to email bex to make it clear that he thinks Crowdfunder is in hand with her.
  • //ACTION: SC to chase Bilal. (carried over)
  • //ACTION: SC to ask Andy Halsall for "secret" Data Controller number

Nominations

Last week

  • //ACTION: GW to check election issues that arose to ensure that they won't be issues in future - waiting for board
  • //ACTION: GW to formally ask Mark Chapman if he would be willing to be deputy noms officer. - MC has agreed to be deputy officer  :) 

- GW reports pretty quiet all round. GW and MC getting list of ESUs to get notifications for upcoming elections. They have made a start in contacting them - ONGOING

Week ahead

GW and MC getting list of ESUs to get notifications for upcoming elections. They have made a start in contacting them - ONGOING

  • //ACTION: GW to email Steve to get Mark put on NEC mailing list 
  • //ACTION: GW to check election issues that arose to ensure that they won't be issues in future - waiting for board 

Campaigns

(absent - all actions carried forward)

  • //ACTION: RR and SC to get together to talk about apprenticeship roles.
  • //ACTION: RR to speak to Stephen O about press team
  • //ACTION: RR to head up diversity team and look for other members
  • //ACTION: RR to email SC with list of places she found
  • //ACTION: RR to look at crowdfunder text once links received.
  • //ACTION: people to email Steve to get access to stats

Date of Next Meeting

Thursday 23rd, 20:30. SC sends apologies.

Any Other Urgent Business

None.