NEC Minutes for 22nd October 2015

Thursday, 22 October, 2015 - 20:30
Attending: 
Rebecca Rae (RR) - Campaigns Officer
George Walkden (GW) - Nominating Officer
Apologies: 
Cris Chesha (CC) - Party Leader
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
Not Present: 
David Elston (DE) - Deputy Leader

Bank Account Handover

The matter of changing signatories on the party's HSBC bank account was discussed. It was resolved that Laurence Kaye and Andrew Halsall be removed from the list of signatories (with their consent), since they are no longer members of the National Executive Committee, and that RR and DE be added in their place, and finally that SC will remain as a signatory. This motion had been discussed previously via email, with CC and SC formally agreeing in writing that it should pass. The motion was thus carried by a quorum of the National Executive Committee.

Area Updates

Leader's Office

CC and DE were absent, so all business in this category was carried over.

Treasury

SC was absent, so all business in this category was carried over.

Nominations

Last Period

Week Ahead

  • //ACTION GW: Set up election for NEC
  • //ACTION GW: Chase the Board about election monitors

Campaigns

Last Period

  • //ACTION: DE to record a segment about something he fancies chatting about. "Dave's top tips" - Carried over
  • //ACTION: RR to promote podcast. DONE
  • //ACTION: website navigation update - ONGOING
  • //ACTION: ALL Define roles - needs to happen within campaigns, too. TO DO
  • //ACTION: RR: Get a design volunteer/sound editing volunteer/web content person volunteer - long term - Couple of responses - need to carry on.
  • //ACTION: RR Trial Kanban with team - ongoing, required IT buyin - DONE
  • //ACTION: RR to liaise with Bilal about fundraising - TO DO
  • //ACTION: SW/CC to pull together an OwnCloud calendar - ONGOING
  • //ACTION: RR to look at local press lists generally - action on leadership to find out who is currently on the list

Week Ahead

  • //ACTION: DE to record a segment about something he fancies chatting about. "Dave's top tips"
  • //ACTION: website navigation update
  • //ACTION: ALL Define roles - needs to happen within campaigns, too.
  • //ACTION: RR: Get a design volunteer/sound editing volunteer/web content person volunteer - long term
  • //ACTION: RR to liaise with Bilal about fundraising
  • //ACTION: SW/CC to pull together an OwnCloud calendar
  • //ACTION: CC/DE to find out who is currently on the press list, as a precursor to adding more people to it
  • //ACTION: RR to complete and distribute a marketing strategy

Date of Next Meeting

29/10/2015 (provisional). GW to send out a Doodle poll to confirm.

Any Other Urgent Business

None.