NEC minutes for 24th April 2014

Thursday, 24 April, 2014 - 20:30
Attending: 
Loz Kaye (LK) - Leader
Jason Winstanley (JW) - Nominations
Andy Halsall (AH) - Campaigns
Apologies: 
Ed Geraghty (EG) - Secretary
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
Sephy Hallow (SH) - Deputy Leader
Observing: 
Liam Dolman (LD) - Board
Andrew Norton (AN) - Board / Press (Arrived at 2037)

Matters Arising

  • SH and JA to go into a coop branch with 2 forms of ID ASAP - Carried

  • Board to write a post for NWP on board elections (AN lead) - AP, LD get AN to post to site

  • LK to prepare introductory statement for accounts by 22nd - Done

  • EG to show proof of address at coop branch - Bank statement sent by post to SC yesterday due to difficulties in getting to a branch in London

 

Previous Minutes

JW approves, however mentions due to quorate of NEC need approval from other NEC members via email.

//ACTION: JW to liaise with NEC Officers to approve previous minutes

 

Leader's Office

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Pozible campaign has been successfully launched. Loz will be working with sephy on national issues going forwards.

Email update received from SH:

Last Friday I met with Erhan Oze, and we filmed my segment for the documentary for Lancaster Uni. All told it went very well, and he's probably going to come back for a separate filmed interview with Danon cryptography, as part of his research, and which we could probably use in some advertising capacity if it turns out well.

This week, I've posted a new piece to the PPUK blog on women in politics, and I've also sent off another piece to Sex and Censorship. I'm also waiting to hear back from Politics.co.uk about putting articles on their site; because they are an extremely popular political blog site, organisations like ours have to pay a small fee to publish with them, but it would get us a lot of more mainstream attention. I will discuss the viability of this option with Sam when I have details on pricing.

Finally, I will be going to the Co-Op bank this Saturday - sorry it's been pushed back Sam, it really has been a hectic week.

 

Finance

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Accounts have been slightly delayed due to an issue with leaflets although Sam should have them finished promptly.

At the close of the meeting the pozible total pledge was £839.

 

Campaigns

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

A campaigns meeting will be held on mumble on the 25/04 at 19:00 in mumble.

 

Secretariat

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

Email update received from EG:

EG to show proof of address at coop branch - Bank statement sent to Sam yesterday as Co-Op banks are a pain in the arse in London.

Work is continuing with the London candidate (which no doubt will be covered later) - we have a draft announcement and candidate profile on london.ppuk which we can push out soon.

I've answered a request for info from a student, which I can share 'round if anyone's interested (bits of it can probably used as boilerplate for future requests, or as an faq or somesuch)

We need to get the poll on the ToS up and running so people can comment and choose whether to adopt it, as soon as this is done I can send out the migration/ToS email and we can move to NWP for email.

I'm going to get more involved back in Pirate Times as I've let that slip a bit this year.

We need to get back to people who came back in on Ruby stuff, and probably put out another call; everyone who's come back so far has stated off the bat they can't dedicate as much time as we need but will help with bits as it gets done.

Once those are done, we should be able to start getting into the bi-weekly email cycle which has had to be pushed back.

 

Nominations

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

A consultation and vote will be held on a new ToS as the existing policy does not cover all the information we wish to collect from NWP.

No nominations have been received for the board election.

 

EU 2014

Elections

All EU candidates' applications have been submitted and accepted.

There has been some communication difficulties with Royal Mail and which forms need to be competed to perform the mail drop.

Locals

There is a Manchester meet happening this Sunday and LK is preparing to post leaflets out from the 01/05.

LK will be contacting Mark Chapman to discuss on the ground campaigns techniques.

 

Actions

//ACTION: JW to liaise with NEC Officers to approve previous minutes

 

Date of Next Meeting

1st April 2014

 

Any Other Urgent BusinessBank statement sent toSam yesterday