NEC Minutes for 20th February 2014

Thursday, 20 February, 2014 - 20:30
Attending: 
Loz Kaye (LK) - Leader
Jason Winstanley (JW) - Nominations
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
Sephy Hallow (SH) - Deputy Leader
Ed Geraghty (EG) - Secretary
Apologies: 
Andy Halsall (AH) - Campaigns

Matters Arising

  • Jack Allnutt to co-ordinate branch "how-to" activity drawing on London and York - Ongoing
  • LK to send EG links to press hits for upcoming member mailout - Ongoing
  • NEC to look over the New Web Project (NWP) - Ongoing, going on well - SC to talk with AH over Bitcoin
  • LK/SH to write Leader's update - To go out this coming weekend
  • JW and Phil Cooke to agree on voting type and confirm to LK and AH for reflecting back - Still to confirm, to talk about in nominations
  • ALL: Look over Ancoats & Clayton report - Done
  • LK/SH: Write Leader's update for next week - This weekend
  • LK/SC: Get together over IGF stuff - SC to send information to LK
  • SC/AH: Add up numbers (Do accounts) - Ongoing
  • LK: Pull priorities out of pad and circulate again - To circulate
  • SC: Circulate summary of Internet Governance Forum - Ongoing

 

Previous Minutes

  • 30th Jan - Approved
  • 6th Feb - Approved
  • 13th Feb - Approved

 

Leader's Office

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

LK:

  • Ancoats and Clayton report is finished
  • Further work on NWP
  • PR on Miranda judgment
  • Speaking at QEDCon
  • Accepted invitation to Stockholm for Piratpartiet from Sweden to help launch their EU campaign
  • Hosted the Policy Beta workshop in Manchester, good day

SH:

  • Local campaign on care.data, to be shared around - included information, chair of the GMC is "deeply concerned" - done in conjunction with med.confidential
  • Writeup for running branches and small campaigns
  • EG mentions faxyourgp.com
  • LK has been contacted by a lot of people saying they have not received information on care.data including an MP
  • Med confidential will put photos of PPUK people campaigning on care.data
  • SH has been pointing this out for months

Tasks for the upcoming week

LK:

  • Branch work
  • Meeting about care.data

SH:

  • care.data

 

Finance

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Nothing other than usual
  • AH and SC getting together to finish off accounts
  • Waiting on PSUs for new laptops
  • SC asks if anyone is in need of a colour printer - No -

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • Work ongoing on accounts

 

Campaigns

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Postponed due to apology
  • Focus is on NWP
  • Looked at Iceland's platform for constitution - language to use for new platform Ruby

Tasks for the upcoming week

 

Secretariat

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Usual routine secretariat work is ongoing
  • Full day work of Policy Beta, to be taken under the wing of Secretariat

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • Continue with secretariat tasks

 

Nominations

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Deputy has been appointed
  • To speak with Phil Cooke on EUs - Phil wants to keep election as simple as possible, set list order?
  • LK wants to make sure it doesn't feel like we have pre-determined lists over candidates' heads - need candidates in place to campaign for Euros

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • Board of Governors elections process to start, Nominations to open on the 25th

 

PirateCon 2014

  • York branch would like to put in a bid
  • LK can put together a rough guideline of what needs to happen for hosting conference
  • To remove as an item until NWP finalised

 

New Web Project (NWP)

  • It continues, looking good
  • Lib Dems have launched their new website this week.

 

Actions

  • LK to make sure audio from physical meet ready for Leaders' mailout
  • SH to share care.data leaflets
  • EG to go out to membership for Ruby programmers
  • LK, AH, JW, Phil Cooke to speak with Candidates for EU over election for list
  • LK and JW to resolve final issues around EU candidacy - to be sorted out by next meeting

 

Date of Next Meeting

27th February

 

Any Other Urgent Business

None