NEC Minutes for 20th March 2014

Thursday, 20 March, 2014 - 20:30
Attending: 
Sephy Hallow (SH) - Deputy Leader
Andy Halsall (AH) - Campaigns
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
Apologies: 
Loz Kaye (LK) - Leader
Ed Geraghty (EG) - Secretary
Not Present: 
Jason Winstanley (JW) - Nominations
Observing: 
Stephen Ogden (SO) - Governor

Previous Minutes

Minutes of the 6th

No Minutes for the abandoned meeting on the 13th

 

Matters Arising

  • JW to contact Phil Cooke on what happens with the vote if it draws.
  • JW to draft EU candidacy reminder email to go out tomorrow. - Was issued.
  • EG to send mail after 1900 - Was sent
  • LK to ask PB to the next meeting and mail him on board retention and recruitment. - Contact sent but ongoing
  • AH and JW Get together on Sat/Sun to run election results on NWP - Done and reported on
  • EG to update NEC when that goes out (Ruby programmers) - Not Done.
  • JW to copy AH into the officer registration form documents for Deputy -Not done, but documents sent to EC.
  • AH to discuss with SC review of expenditures from conference and Q1 finances - Done at the planned meeting
  • LK/SH to write Leader's update - Unsure

 


Board Elections (Due to invite that went to PB)

AH briefly outlined that he had asked for this on the Agenda just in case PB was able to attend - he also noted that there were no valid board candidates at this point.

 

NWP

AH briefed the NEC on the NWP roll-out including the revised dates and current issues. Currently the NWP is assessed to be one day behind the advance schedule (21st soft, 24th hard launch) with the remaining issues being:

  1. Current upload issue
  2. Remaining outstanding content (less latest content)
  3. Minutes etc.. from Secretariat
  4. Latest content.

The initial issue was being dealt with as a matter of urgency, with the remaining outstanding content being put together by a number of people and on track for delivery on the 21st. EG had advised that he would deliver the minutes element this weekend (we can go without it, but would prefer not to) and the Latest content would now be dropped into place on the 22nd.

The user migration element requires a number of elements and would not begin in an automated fashion before the 24th - SW would be detailing it to AH who would work with EG to notify and contact the membership

SC made AH aware that he had some presentation issues with the finance section and would contact AH on the 20th after 1PM (//ACTION AH to contact SC)

 

Elections

In the absence of any officers from nominations AH made an attempt at summarising the current issues in the run up to the Local and European Elections. These include

  • Candidates
  • Nominations Delegations
  • Electoral Rolls
  • Nomination Packs
  • Timetables
  • Election Agents

(8 Weeks 6 Days from the 21st) AH made it clear that the targets for the May elections, as well as candidates and agents would have to be identified within the next week so that everything else could be done in time. This means that to run proper short timetables everything has to be in place by the 28th.

AH informed the NEC that as far as he was aware the party would be fielding candidates in the NW for the European elections, as well as in Bury, Manchester and possibly London. SO made the NEC aware that London branch had identified a potential candidate and would endeavour to make the necessary arrangements for the May elections. SO would ensure London Branch had everything in place and would keep AH and Nominations the loop (//ACTION SO to help organise the London element with NEC support)

 

Any Other Urgent Business

SC Policy Beta

Small issue with Lancaster at present, there is an issue with the cash side of Policy Beta that SC is aiming to resolve.

SO Constitutional Amendments

SO brought up the running of constitutional amendment votes on the NWP, AH suggested that there should be no issues doing so but that the long term intent was to run them along side other aspects on Policy Beta.


Actions

//ACTION AH to contact SC with regard to Finance Pages on NWP

//ACTION SO to help organise the London element with NEC support

 

Date of Next Meeting

27th March 2014