NEC Minutes for 6th March 2014

Thursday, 6 March, 2014 - 20:30
Attending: 
Loz Kaye (LK) - Leader
Jason Winstanley (JW) - Nominations
Sephy Hallow (SH) - Deputy Leader
Ed Geraghty (EG) - Secretary (Text only)
Andy Halsall (AH) - Campaigns
Jack Allnutt (JA) - Deputy Campaigns
Apologies: 
Sam Clark (SC) - Treasurer
Observing: 
Michael John Sinclair (macburns - PPDE & PPUK member)

Matters Arising

  • NEC to look over the New Web Project (NWP) - Ongoing
  • LK/SH to write Leader's update

Leaders update will go out, interleaved with other comms' Update on elections to go out //ACTION JW

  • SC/AH: Add up numbers (Do accounts)

AH and SC will meet tomorrow. AH and SC to update NEC on the outcome //ACTION AH SC

  • LK: Pull priorities out of pad and circulate again

Done

  • SC: Circulate summary of Internet Governance Forum

 ??

  • EG to go out to membership for Ruby programmers

Still to do. //ACTION EG to update NEC when that goes out. Needs to be timed with all the other plethora of emails

  • AH Contact SW about NWP/voting and confirm with LK

Done

  • JW LK EG to put together text for EU election for mail, blog and forums.

Done

  • SH SC JW LK & AH to look over the governors text and approve it

Done - Without review(?) LK stated comms failure meant this didn't go as planned, but was probably fine.

  • JW to have access to the current voting platform

Apparently no longer an issue.

  • JW EG LK Candidate statements to go out on the blog.

Done - To deal with in Nominations

  • JW to complete officer registration form for an 'additional officer' DNP Tom Burd. (legal requirement to report within 14 days of the 27th Feb (13 March).)

Not Done yet - will be done within 24 to 48 hours //ACTION JW CC AH into the documents.

Previous Minutes

Approval of previous minutes to be done by email in the coming week and confirmed in the next meeting.

 

Leader's Office

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

LK:

  • Press and output focus, interview with student newspaper "MancUnion"
  • PRs on political issues around surveillance
  • EU Vote with AH over the weekend

Branch level:

  • Ongoing local political issues, long talk about keeping local canals open in the face of calls to close them

SH:

  • Care.data leafleting on Sunday, many people expressed they didn't know what was going on including a local GP
  • Output around Patrick Rock

Tasks for the upcoming week

LK:

  • Needs to take a couple of days break in the coming week (Fri/Sat/Sun) to recharge before the onslaught

SH: Patrick Rock Censor Writing up more articles for sex & censorship

 

Finance

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Postponed until next meeting

 

Campaigns

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Set out campaigns timetable from the 14th
  • Usual campaigns work with LK especially
  • International contact from a number of people, which has been dealt with quietly between LK and AH

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • Followup on policy beta, interview with documentary producer tomorrow in Sheffield
  • Accounts with SC tomorrow
  • Successions planning through to GE 2015

 

Secretariat

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • Nothing much from me, been ill the past few weeks, getting back on track.

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • Getting better.

 

Nominations

Brief update (max. 5 minutes) on actions/tasks since last meeting

  • EU vote closing on Saturday 9pm
  • Will be able to confirm candidates and order Saturday/Sunday

AH Asked about how we rank if the election gives a draw? //ACTION JW to contact Phil Cooke on what happens with the vote if it draws.

Tasks for the upcoming week

  • EU mailout to membership - to be circulated to the NEC this evening

//ACTION EG to send mail after 1900

 

Governors/EU election overlap

  • No seconded candidates as of today, however a further two weeks for nominations
  • We will be running a two week campaigning period - vote opening date will be 3rd April

It is significant for our organisation that it looks like it functions. LK is fed up with the board elections making us look fairly amateurish, when we aren't. LK mentions that he resents that the hard work we put in is frankly put down by these issues. LK will ask PB to look at board recruitment and retention actively. LK states he would prefer people who are needed in concrete roles to be diverted into the board. LK feels we need to address the issue of board retention. //ACTION LK to ask PB to the next meeting and mail him on board retention and recruitment. //ACTION AH and JW Get together on Sat/Sun to run election results on NWP

 

New Web Project (NWP)

Dates: Freeze 14th Deploy:21st

  • Members will be asked to log in on the new platform and that will pull across their details
  • Non-site users will be manually moved
  •  

 

Actions

  • JW to contact Phil Cooke on what happens with the vote if it draws.
  • JW to draft EU candidacy reminder email to go out tomorrow
  • EG to send mail after 1900
  • LK to ask PB to the next meeting and mail him on board retention and recruitment.
  • AH and JW Get together on Sat/Sun to run election results on NWP
  • EG to update NEC when that goes out (Ruby programmers)
  • JW to copy AH into the officer registration form documents for Deputy
  • JW to contact Phil Cooke on what happens with the vote if it draws
  • AH to discuss with SC review of expenditures from conference and Q1 finances

 

Date of Next Meeting

13.03.2014. 20:30 hrs

 

Any Other Urgent Business

 

Priorities from Physical Meeting