We've been fighting the European Parliamentary Elections on policy, so it was great to be contacted by 38 Degrees about our positions on a range of issues, we responded, but I thought you might like to read a little bit more about how 38 Degrees arrived at their score card and of course what we said!
In the run up 150,000 38 Degrees members were asked to vote on the issues that were their top priorities for the EU Election. The issues were put together by 38 degrees and included campaign topics and suggestions from their membership. The result of the vote there were six issues that 38 Degrees members wanted to prioritise, these were:
- protecting our public services and environment from TTIP (The Trans-atlantic trade and Investment Partnership).
- protecting our Bees from poisonous pesticides
- cracking down on tax-dodging
- protecting our private data through stronger rules on data protection
- getting stronger employment rights for workers
- getting stronger targets for reducing carbon emissions to protect our climate